Learning & Development
“We are a learning organisation; we empower all team members to take personal responsibility for their own learning and development, in line with organisational needs”
This statement recognises the centrality of Learning and Development (L&D) in equipping and empowering our staff in providing high quality, person-centred support to individuals with complex needs. Through the delivery of a comprehensive training programme, combined with bespoke learning interventions, the Heathcotes Learning Team provides opportunities for staff to access compliance, mandatory and personal development learning at all points during their career with us.
With an agenda that embraces continuing improvement, as a best practice organisation Heathcotes Learning delivers training that conforms with the BILD Code of Practice, as well as being a NAPPI Centre of Excellence.
In summary, Heathcotes Learning delivers multi-faceted and accessible learning opportunities across all internal business teams , tailored to operational and individual requirements:
- A comprehensive, quality managed and accredited induction programme that conforms with Skills for Care requirements.
- Delivery of a balanced, therapeutic and holistic behaviour management training programme, centred on Non Abusive Psychological and Physical Interventions (NAPPI).
- A complimentary framework of training events to ensure all our compliance and mandatory requirements are met, including health and safety, safeguarding, mental capacity awareness, dignity, person-centred working, fire safety, food handling, hoist training and first aid
- A core commitment to Continuing Professional Development (CPD) through support of staff and managers at all levels to achieve vocational and personal/leadership development qualifications
- Partnership working with valued external stakeholders including NAPPI UK, Chesterfield College, Social Care Information and Learning Service, SCIE, Skills for Care, local authority training providers and others
- A business-integrated learning administration function that provides learning resources, logistics, helpline, NMDS integration and compliance metrics to the business